Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Mojo is a YoYo

The mother took the baby home. There were eight prospective families she did look at before leaving the hospital. She hasn't ruled out adoption, but we are assuming she has ruled it out.
There are the facts.
This is why this blog is a double edged sword. I want to share, I think it is a good thing for me, I hope there might be others out there reading who are in the same situation or considering adoption, but it also means I have to place our disappointment on everyone who cares for us. Then again it can make the disappointment easier to deal with. So sorry to disappoint our faithful followers, but thank you for being there. It does help.
So there have been three situation so far that have ended with the biological family raising the baby. I can't decide if that makes me feel better or worse. On one hand, it means we haven't been overlooked (that we know of) for an actual adoption, on the other hand, it makes it feel rather fruitless. I know adoptions do happen. It doesn't feel like it right now.
Sorry for the disappointment. The next entry will be a video of the nursery which should make all of us feel better.

No comments: