Friday, May 16, 2008

On the road to the inspection


So David finally started the yard work we hired him to start a few weeks ago -- but he's done tremendous work thus far (for only working a day). What this means is that we're not going to have to worry about the state of our flowerbeds when the nice lady from Adoption from the Heart shows up. Yes, these are the types of things that we're presently worrying about.


I've gone so far as to clean up my half of the room -- mostly. I'm sure I could do a better job, but it no longer looks like an intergalactic dumping ground. The basement - well, that's another story. Actually, it's not too too bad down there (well, goldfish keep dying), and I'll be able to churn that out in an hour. I guess I should mop the floor or something like that. The only problem is that I really don't know what to expect.


This weekend will be a busy one for us - we need to complete our first draft of our "eye-catching journal page" for the adoption book. Duffy's done a lot of work on it, but whenever I start writing something, I feel like I'm a greater dork than I already am. Part of my fear is that I do not know my target audience, though -- do we write something that would appeal to the masses (and, therefore, appear saccharine), or write something that details exactly who we are, but therefore knocks us "out of contention" with a not-small-percentage of expectant birth mothers? I know I'm putting way too much thought into this -- but I want something to stick out that clearly identifies who we are and will make everybody love us. Easy right? On top of that writing, the Greek Festival is this weekend. Duffy & I are taking our "Littles" to said fair, and then she's working the festival Saturday & Sunday. Me, I'm going to a bachelor party. Woo Hoo! My marvelous sister-in-law will be performing her cleaning magic on our house on Sunday.


Don't worry, there will be plenty of frantic posting between now & the inspection -- and we'll have a full recap afterward!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can we borrow your marvelous sister-in-law? this having the house on the market and keeping it clean thing is killing me.
Maggie