Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Waiting for the ring


I really need to get the social worker's cell phone number from my wife. I remember this each time my phone rings - but I always forget when we're together.


See, much like she did, I have a ringtone specifically for Adoption from the Heart -- "Who Needs Sleep" by the Barenaked Ladies. The problem is, it is very likely that I won't get called from the office number, but from S's cell phone . . . and I don't have that programmed in. So, each time I hear the first (and last) movement of the Carmina Burana, O Fortuna, coming from my iPhone -- I jump a little more than necessary.


This was especially problematic last week, as my truck was in the shop (biking into work certainly makes dealing without a vehicle a little easier), and the shop had questions about a variety of things. While my phone really doesn't ring all that often, I jump for every one of them. This makes things even more frustrating when it's a stupid technical recruiter calling to see if I'm available on the job market.


Anyway -- still haven't heard "Who Needs Sleep" play from my phone's speaker . . . you'll know as soon as it does.


No comments: