Ok - this probably isn't the best venue for this, but I don't know any way around it . . . too many questions (of which I have the answer to about 2 of them).
Basically, it appears that the birthmother who chose us two months ago gave birth on July 12th, and then proceeded to lie to the adoption agency for a month. We were getting regular updates
- On July 17 (5 days after the birth), we were told that the birthmother was going off of the drugs to keep her from going into premature labor.
- While on vacation, we received notice that there was lots of movement, but no signs of labor yet.
- On August 7, we were told that they would be inducing labor on August 13.
- On August 12, we were told that the inducing was being rescheduled to August 15 and that the birthmother wanted us there at 6AM.
- Today, we found out that all of this was a lie.
As I said in my status, I'm numb - utterly numb. I've lost some faith in humanity (or, at least, human decency). I've lost a LOT of faith in the adoption process (sure, this happened to us before -- but at least we knew everything in real-time).
In the past month, I've canceled a vacation. Duffy skipped her brother's graduation. We've kept from making plans, just in case the call came -- all of this we did willingly & happily -- the pay off was going to be worth it. Now, we find out that there was a month that we could have been "in the book".
I have no animosity for any birthmother who changes her mind -- but to change your mind and lie about that fact, and to build on top of that lie. As I said, I'm numb.