Thursday, December 6, 2007

Live Action Pitfall

Nothing new has really come up in the adoption process, but it has been a while since a post. I have been reading others' blogs and left the need to update. Plus this happened today.....
I may be the only one old enough to remember playing Pitfall on an Atari. Anyway, it was the game in which you had to jump over, well pits, that had things like quicksand and alligators. It was one of the first if not the first.... hold on...yes, it was the first side scrolling video game. Thank you, Wikipedia.
I digress, but do have a point. When dealing with infertility and now the waiting of the adoption game, certain innocuous everyday things that would have just skidding across the surface of my brain, now slam right through the forehead to the gooey nougat emotional center.
In other words, I almost cried today when I read that Britney Spears is pregnant. Again.
These are the pitfalls. A trip to the grocery store can end in an emotional breakdown. Receiving an email from a cousin who is now expecting makes me almost throw my computer across the room.
I find myself actually making fists when someone says something like, "As soon as you stop trying, you will get pregnant." Or, "As soon as you decide to adopt, you'll get pregnant." (Note: If you are someone who has said something like that to me, I apologize. I really know you meant well. It is a hard position to be put in. You don't know what to say. I understand. I love you.)
Britney Spears is pregnant. AGAIN.
We should be in a place sometime this month to turn in the application. There will be an entry.
In the meantime, Christmas is coming on fast. This school year seems to be flying by. I am finishing up my third class towards my Masters of Library Science. Only ten to go! John is working hard at, let's count.... three jobs. He is teaching at YTI for just one semester that will end in January. JANUARY. Thank goodness.
And we still can't find a Wii.

No comments: